It’s hard to believe but Christmas is waiting just around the corner. Have you planned for your Christmas break, had thoughts about throwing a Christmas party or found time to think about home decorating ideas?
During a period when there is always so much to do, interior decoration is one thing that does take up a lot of time. If you like to try to introduce something fresh and new to you rooms each Christmas, it becomes a bit more challenging as each year passes.
We have come up with some fantastic decoration ideas for this Christmas season… Indulge in mirrors this time and see what magic they can create all over your home!
- Place a large, full length mirror in the hallway and decorate its frame with small snowflake lights or tiny twinkle lights. You can also make use of swags of spruce and winter blooming flowers to make it all the more impressive.
- To bring that Christmas flavour to every room, decorate the frames of mirrors with twinkle lights or wreaths. You can keep the festive holiday spirit going even in the dressing room. A lightly decorated wreath or a few swags of spruce hung over the mirror frames will do the trick!
- Message garlands spread over the frame of a large, horizontal mirror can create an exclusive, inviting atmosphere.
- Use decorated Venetian, shabby chic, rococo, and other designer mirrors in the living room wall to add a Christmas ‘WOW’ factor.
- If you love painting and have enough time in hand, try painting mirrors with high quality glass paints - a frosted border, scattered candy canes, a few pine trees, and snowman.
- Sticking various small, geometrical shaped scatter mirrors at particular distances on a wall can create a real visual treat.
- Decorating with mirrors doesn't stop on the walls; mirror tiles can be used to great effect under candles or Christmas floral arrangements, adding warmth and depth to the scheme.
- Hanging ornaments on the Christmas tree is an old tradition. Try sticking ribbons onto small mirrors, tying the ribbons in a small bow with a loop for hanging. They add a chic feel and reflect Christmas tree lights and toys beautifully.
Mirrors add depth & dimension to smaller-looking spaces and give interiors a lovely layered look. They make a perfect piece of art, if placed appropriately in living & dining areas, bedrooms, bathrooms, hallways, dressing rooms, and other confined areas in the home.
No matter whether you keep it modern, stick to a purely traditional theme, or go for a simple country style; mirrors decoration can complement them all and, in each case, provide a touch of Christmas magic.